As one of my lovely fans has already pointed out, I do love and use quite frequently, dictionary.com. I have decided to share a little trivia to give this post a little something extra. The following is the origin of the word “Versatile.”
Versatile: 1605, from L. versatilis “turning, revolving, moving, capable of turning to varied subjects or tasks,” from pp.[prepositional phrase] stem of versare “keep turning, be engaged in something, turn over in the mind,” frequentative of vertere “to turn” (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/versatile)
Ah! Now that is better. With this, you will better understand why Troy and Jen have chosen me as one of their nominees (oh, my! I am usually not this humble. Honest!)
I am getting ahead of myself. Just keep reading.
I have been nominated not once, but twice, for the Versatile Blogger Award by two bloggers whom I follow and who follow me. One nomination came from someone I have been following for quite some time and who I have a lot of respect for; Troy of life.aisle. Please do check out his blog! He is very inspiring, informative, and if you take the time to read things he has written, you will learn things you never would have expected.
The second nomination came from a blog I have only just recently started to follow, but after reading just a few of her posts, I discovered that, she too, writes and shares things that are inspiring and informative. She, a child of an alcoholic; me, an addict mother of my children. Fortunately, I have entered recovery, been here for a few years, and as a result, I get to do some amazing things, like go to college, write a blog, a—you guessed it! I also get to read the blogs of others, such as Step On A Crack…Or Break Your Mother’s Back, written by Jen, and learn so much more about myself and others who struggle with this life-ruining disease! Some truly fascinating reading, I assure you!
Thank you life.aisle and Step On A Crack…Or Break Your Mother’s Back for nominating me for this really cool award! It is deeply appreciated, not to mention motivating. You like what you see, so I just will continue posting to ensure you keep coming back!
The customary rules are:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award and share a link to their blog.
- List 7 things about yourself.
- Select 15 bloggers or sites that you regularly follow or find interesting and nominate them for the versatile blogger award.
- Tell the 15 bloggers that you have nominated them.
Seven things about me are:
- I drink way too much coffee and know this because, other than the obvious (I drink an average of two pots a day), the other day when we were out of coffee, I had the hardest time focusing on my homework. Not good. Not good at all!
- I love music and want very badly to learn how to play the piano and/or the violin. I live with two women, one of which has been a professional musician for 30 years, has more instruments than I have ever seen in one location, is willing, and even eager to teach me, but…alas, I just do not have the time.
- I have absolutely no confidence in my writing abilities, so I avoid doing it at all costs (both for school and for pleasure) until I get the first sentence typed and then it takes cheesecake, sheer exhaustion, or an army of 10 strong and sexy women to pull me away (as you will see when I post my next subculture assignment—7,000 words, and with revisions, very likely even longer.
- One of my most favorite things to do is to lie out in the sun near the pool and so this winter, though so much milder than most for this area, is driving me batty!
- My boys are in Washington and are doing well and I am in Pennsylvania, and am also doing well, but man, oh, man, do I miss my babies! (Ok, so they are 19 and 14 years old, but if you are a mother, you will know what I mean when I say, they will ALWAYS be my babies!)
- I love bubble baths! As a matter of fact, I am seriously considering indulging in one as soon as I get this posted.
- I desperately need a job, as these financial aid loans are just not cutting it. Donations to my living expenses are welcomed and appreciated.
My 15 nominations are:
- Reflections…By Kathy
- News of My Bipolar Brain
- Mortal Hearts with Immortal Souls
- Written Words Never Die
- Subhan Zein
- Dreamwalker’s Sanctuary
- Freedom to a Full Life
- >The Great Escape<Life from behind a lens
- Haphazard Linkages
- Shannon Howell
These are some truly amazing blogs! I really mean that. I have taken my time and really chose blogs that I thought all of you could really gain from. So, please, honor all of my work and check out each and every one of these blogs. You will not be disappointed!
- Versatile Blogger Award Nominations! (steponacrack.wordpress.com)
- Me you like? (l2ee2l.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award: Le Passage (iamnotshe.wordpress.com)
- Awards = Awesome Fun! Vesatile and Liebster (bipolarmuse.com)
- Versatile Blogger award #5 (celestealluvial.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (enjoymyadventure.wordpress.com)
- My First Ever Award – Damn, I Rock! (aflack2012.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (barefootinvt.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (theplaceswevebeen.wordpress.com)
- Me? The Versatile Blogger? Thank You GJScobie! (lamehousewife.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award (myintelligentlife.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Bloggers (honourablementions.wordpress.com)